[Sca-cooks] Carrot-Cheese Pie in Scappi

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:19:33 PST 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:31:47 -0500 (GMT-05:00), Robin Carroll-Mann
<rcmann4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Okay, I've located the original recipe in Scappi's "Opera".  It's at:
> http://alfama.sim.ucm.es/dioscorides/consulta_libro.asp?ref=X533351951
> Go to image 739.
>
> I could use some help from the Italian readers out there.  (Helwyse, you listening?)
>
> It calls for one pound of grated Parmasan cheese or _________ (can't read the word)
> A pound and a half of fatty cheese
> Six ounces of provatura
>
> To refresh your memories, Granado's version calls for "a pound of Tronchon cheese and a pound and a half of buttery Pinto cheese, and six ounces of fresh cheese".
>
> Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
> Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
> rcmann4 at earthlink.net

I blew it up, it looks like Riuiera, at least from looking at the script in the
rest of the document.  No idea what it means, but I have found references
online that it seems to correlate to River

Riuiera de Genua  - Riviera de Genova - River of Genova

Are there any italian cheeses aged near rivers or maybe river caves?

Maybe it is a bleu cheese? Gorgonzola

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson