[Sca-cooks] Pomegranite Juice

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 14 21:42:51 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
What we usually do it to take equal parts sugar and pomegranate juice
and cook it down to a syrup; we once juiced pomegranates ourselves
and it wasn't very different (except a lot more work). I don't know
if the sour and sweet pomegranates are different varieties or
different ripeness. This is especially good as a hot sweet drink,
mixed up somewhat thicker than we usually do sekanjabin, maybe 1:4 or
1:6.

Elizabeth of Dendermonde/Betty Cook

I have made an approximation of this as a cold drink, using pomegranate molasses diluted with water, and sweetened with a simple sugar syrup.  It has gone over very well at the events where I've served it.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net