[Sca-cooks] Gunthar Updates

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 15 08:17:52 PST 2004

>--- Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Really?  I live just outside LA and my last
>>banquet had several more dishes than Gunthar
>>and I brought it in at about $8.00 per head for
>>about 350 people.  And I had salmon and duck
>>on the menu.
>>

>Still not sure if that was HIS budget, or the total ticket price.  If it was what he was given for
>the food, then it's possible, sure....but if he had to squeek a profit out of that, then it would
>be very, very tight.
>
>I'm assuming your $8 per cover was just for the food, right?
>
>William de Grandfort

I was there and can answer, Yes... but Huette is one of canniest Smart
Shoppers I know.  She is also willing to put in the extra effort to do
things from scratch even when prepared things are easily available but
cost a few pennies more like pie shells.  Once you get over 50 diners,
that begins to add up.

Selene

Selene