[Sca-cooks] Gunthar Updates

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Nov 15 16:26:06 PST 2004

Also sprach Huette von Ahrens:
>Etien and Baka spent most of the morning
>cleaning, deboning and filleting 100 lbs of
>salmon.  I am not sure they have ever forgiven
>me for that.  They both keep telling me stories
>of where they continued to find fish scales ...

You can tell them from me that deboning and filleting (and once
you've done that, how hard is the cleaning???) 100 pounds of salmon
is like winning the lottery on your birthday compared to shelling
even, say, 30 or 40 pounds of shrimp...

I'm not sure why this struck me the way it did; I'm not just dissing
someone else's work habits. Let me think about this and get back to
people. I think there may be some kind of Great Profound Thoughts
(tm) on food preparation emerging... I think I may have to reexamine
the "Just Shut Up and Do It" principle of industrial food service.

Keep watching the skies!

Adamantius (who is still feeling a little achey after processing 20
lbs of sausage by hand Saturday evening)

Holt, 07/29/04

"Who cares what you think? ...Wait! Who do write for? Who sent you?
Who do you write for???"
	-- The President of the United States, 07/04/01