[Sca-cooks] OP - fish question

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 18 07:56:18 PST 2004

>Well, the advantage of using a pot is that you get the crust, which is
>valued in one form or another by most rice-eating cultures. I assume you
>could steam a small plate of fish in a rice cooker as well, as long as
>there isn't so much liquid there's no way to put the plate inside. I guess
>when the rice is 20 minutes shy of being done?

If I were a better cook (and had a better stove than the ancient
cantankerous electric I have now) I wouldn't use the cooker, but I must
admit it's handy when I'm doing 15 things at once.  Could I put the fish
directly on the rice part-way through, or is the dish necessary?  I've
heated other things that way (directly on the partially cooked rice).

Sandra