[Sca-cooks] Overdocumentation

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Nov 19 07:31:36 PST 2004

Bill Fisher wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:04:46 -0800 (PST), Samrah
> <auntie_samrah at yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]

> > Samrah (who is an embroideress first, an herbalist second,
> > and a cook just because it is the right thing to do)

[snip]

> Yeah, I guess you could say that "confusion is period"

e.g. "the Ogham that bewildered Bres" mentioned in "The
Codebreakers" ...

	" ... Book of Ballymote.  The most delightful thing
	about these systems is their names, the most
	charming in cryptography, which have been bestowed
	with all the Irish flair for poetry, blarney, and
	wit.  There is for an example, "The Ogham that
	bewildered Bres, ... [encrypted message] and so
	confused him by its complications that he lost the
	battle while trying to figure it out."

Kahn, David; "The Codebreakers"; Scribner; ISBN 0-684-83130-9

Also on the 'net ... "encryption Axsmith"
http://www.axsmith.net/encryption.htm

> but so is clarity.

Could I get back to you later about that point?

... or see the "extra reading" note, a portion of my reply
earlier today ...
	Subject: "Re: [Sca-cooks] Drinking laws",
	Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:27:32

[snip]

> Cadoc

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick