[Sca-cooks] Sekanjabin Origins now vinegar

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 11:53:49 PST 2004

Master Cariadoc answered Elewyiss with:
> You want a recipe for vinegar? Vinegar normally shows up as an
> ingredient.
>
> > I don't suppose  you know of a period cookbook with an actual recipe
> > for vinegar? I'm still having trouble documenting it.
> >
> > Elewyiss
It does appear that at times vinegar was intentionally made. There is a
mention in this file in the Florilegium about shipping wine by ship
specifically because the conditions and agitation of the shipboard
voyage were conducive to creating vinegar. Unfortunately the references
are probably not enough to use this mention as A&S documentation.
vinegar-msg       (56K) 12/ 3/03    Vinegar in period. Making vinegar.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/vinegar-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas