[Sca-cooks] Not the place for Political Retoric. ot Leftist Propaganda.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Nov 19 21:58:07 PST 2004

At 09:38 PM 11/19/2004, you wrote:
>I have been a lurker on many groups all having something to do with
>Medieval Studies or the SCA, specifically.
>
>Since when is it appropriate to post comments made by modern day
>politician's on a list like this.
>
>For example:
>
>And then again, my laurel wreath is about twelve ounces of silver.
>It's conceivable there's some loss of blood flow to the brain...
>
>Adamantius
>--
>
>"Why don't they get new jobs if they're unhappy -- or go on Prozac?"
>-- Susan Sheybani, assistant to Bush campaign spokesman Terry
>Holt, 07/29/04
>
>"Who cares what you think? ...Wait! Who do write for? Who sent you?
>Who do you write for???"
>-- The President of the United States, 07/04/01
>
>The election is over get over it and try harder next election. I believe
>it is counter productive to go on about it. Like this and especially in
>the forum.

Lord James, I appreciate your candor. However, your own use of the word
'propaganda' is at cross-purposes to your argument. Adamantius' sig lines
are not what I would call neutral, but they are in fact quotes. They are
not in the body of his post, so I couldn't call them comments, per se. And
he has been using these sig lines for a time now- and I think that if
Gunthar (whose 'living room' this list resides in) had a problem with it,
he'd have said something by now.

And like the 'out-of-period' persona issue, bringing it up and pointing it
out only makes it more prominent.

'Lainie