[Sca-cooks] cravings?

Anne juliane.rose at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 22:46:08 PST 2004

Yes, actually -- two multis a day, and two B-complex ... seems to be
what I need to stay healthy.  *Life* gets stressful!   :)

Watching potassium intake as well, since doc just started me on a
diuretic.  Don't like red meat, though, and anemia is a recurring
problem, I have to watch for that.

But the cravings are *really* intense ... !  And if I don't give in, I
spend the evening in the kitchen baking something just as bad for me
until I break down and just have the stinkin' chunk of garlic bread,
or whatever.  :)

So -- what kind and form of chocolate is your poison?!

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:40:36 -0800, Laura C. Minnick <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:
> At 10:30 PM 11/19/2004, you wrote:
>
> >--- Anne <juliane.rose at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Forgive me, please, for this out-of-period but vital question at the
> > > moment *to me, anyway* -- can anyone tell me how to deal with
> > > hormone-driven cravings for carbs, salt and grease???
> >
> >Po-Tay-Toe Chips, m'lady.  They contain three of the four basic food
> >groups:  Carbs, salt and
> >grease.  If you cruch them up into a beer, you complete the formula.
>
> Check your vitamin/mineral intake. Craving is often a body's expression for
> something it needs. It may be that you don't need sodium, but you're
> needing potassium, or magnesium (more likely the potassium though). Are you
> on a good comprehensive multivitamin?
>
> 'Lainie
> -my cravings for chocolate have more to do with a certain person's absence
> than minerals...

When nothing is sure, everything is possible.

Laissez les bon temps roulez!!!