[Sca-cooks] 12th Night

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 20 15:58:21 PST 2004

> >I'm considering being cruel and heartless to you, coming down for the
12th
> >Night Feast (IIRC) as a food critic.  You will need to overcome the
memory
> >of 12th Nights Past to get into my good graces.
> >
> >Bear
>
> Lol! Okay, I have to agree with that. 12th Night, in spite of pretty much
> being
> THE feast/court of the year, has traditionally sucked. I make no claims to
> greatness
> this year either.
>
> Gunthar

I remember Steppes 12th Night as being the preen and pose event of the
Ansteorran pols and that the feast was usually an afterthought.  It was the
first event I attended outside of Namron yea many years ago.  The King and
the Prince held interminable court and when the turn came to Baron
Allamandes Draconus (whose name I've probably butchered in spelling) and the
feast was three hours late, the Baron said, "To hell with court, let's eat."
A great man with a proper attitude.

The last one I attended was over ten years ago.  Most of my friends and
enemies from across the Kingdom were long gone and I was out of the Kingdom
politics, so the conversation was boring and the food was worse.  At least
this year, I'll know the cook.

There is still some question of my getting there, but if I do, I'll look in,
and play food critic.  <EG>

Bear