[Sca-cooks] Period politicking

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sun Nov 21 19:21:13 PST 2004

Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> [2004.11.22] wrote:
> I ate six (!) of them (*urp*), with applesauce, cuz' that's how they
> were served.  Not something worth taking the time to make just for
> myself, though (boy, but do I ever miss sourdough pancakes for the same
> reason).  It was a charity breakfast hosted by the local Sons of Norway
> to benefit the Watsons' Children's Home (local shelter for kids).  So,
> good cause and good breakfast!

Norwegians. Applesauce. No further questions, your honor.

> Hmmm.  I did get a jar of cloudberry jam for christmas last year, and
> was wondering what the heck to do with it.....

Make belgian style waffles, eat with wipped cream and cloudberry jam.
Warm it up and put on plain icecream. Lot of uses, it's just a nice
jam.

> --maire, who would like to taste a real bilberry sometime, and who's
> only ever seen lingonberries done as jelly and such, not just on their
> own....

The lingonberries where of course boiled into jelly. Got some bags of
the plain berries in the freezer though.

Much more flavour to the bilberry than the american blueberry.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
The fox condemns the trap, not himself.  -- William Blake