[Sca-cooks] rice porridge/rice pudding

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Nov 22 13:29:10 PST 2004

> Most of the period recipes for "rice pudding" I've seen seem to be
> thinner than a modern pudding or porridge.  My version of "pottage of
> rice" is at the following site:

Ok, that's wierd. The period and modern rice puddings I've had were
about the same consistency, about the thickness of tapioca pudding or
similar thick 'pudding' in the American sense... but modern porridge is
generally less thick than that.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The toad beneath the harrow knows/exactly where each tooth-point goes,
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."
			- Rudyard Kipling