[Sca-cooks] Pirozhki`s (was Maybe It Is Rocket Science: Bread)

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Tue Nov 23 19:23:51 PST 2004

Chris Stanifer wrote:

> --- Samrah <auntie_samrah at yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]

> > Samrah

[snip]

> Now that I think of it, I may be making Pirog, and not
> Piroshki... one of them is boiled, and the other fried.
> Or, one is large, and the other small.  Or I'm thinking
> of two seperate dishes.
>
> Where IS that recipe ???
>
> William de Grandfort

I sent my ravens to skry for your answers -- they soon
returned saying ...

Piroshki (Small Russian Meat Pies) -- bake or deep fry

Eastern European Pierogi           -- fried

They also warned that the scribblings they found did not
include any mighty oaths attesting to truth ... such
knowledge as they saw must have been hard won or a great
secret as evidenced by the absence of any bibliographies.

Ahhh ... fond memories of living in Alphabet City and also
adjacent to a Ukrainian and Russian neighborhood.

Alphabet City = very low rent, an area bounded by Houston
St. to 14th streets and east of First Ave. where Avenues
A, B, C, D, and E are found in NYC.

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick