[Sca-cooks] Re: Flavored Yogurt

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adelphi.edu
Wed Nov 24 07:36:06 PST 2004

Arwen writes:
>When I lived in New Hampshire, I remember buying yogurt (the kind
>with cream on top) flavored with maple syrup.  Now *that* was yummy
>stuff.  I'm remembering that the brand was something like Honey Hill
>Farm.  Anybody in that area know whether they are still making it?
>Got a friend headed out that way in a few weeks ...

Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to just add your own maple syrup
to your own yogurt?

I make a quart or more of yogurt every few days (mixing some into the
dogs' kibble and my breakfast cereal, we go through it fast).  If I'm
eating yogurt as the centerpiece of the dish, I frequently mix in a
dribble of honey or maple syrup -- it doesn't take much -- and this
has been one of my favorite flavor combinations for years.

Bringing this back vaguely on-topic, is there any evidence of anybody
in medieval Europe intentionally making or using yogurt?
--
                                     John Elys
          (the artist formerly known as mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib)
                                 sbloch at adelphi.edu