[Sca-cooks] Beer

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 25 09:13:52 PST 2004

Kai D. Kalix wrote:

>Greetings,

<snip>

>When I visited the US, regrettably only once, sometime in the 80ies (I
>hadn't herad of the SCA back then), I've worked my way through US beers and
>found them all disgusting. Then I discovered a tin of Löwenbräu - not really
>my favourite, but at least bavarian beer. I was excited - that is, until I
>tasted it and discovered it to be tasteless, yellow-colored, foaming water,
>along with the nice remark on the tin, 'brewed under license in the USA'.
>I do not even know (or remember) what Canoe Beer is?
>kai

I think you'd be much happier with what we have now.  Oh, we still have
the tasteless, yellow-colored foaming water...but there are now a number
of micro-breweries making some really nice stuff...or so I'm told.  I do
know that here in Maryland, over on the Eastern shore, they make a beer,
Wild Goose, that's quite good...I even like it!

Kiri