[Sca-cooks] Beer

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 15:37:03 PST 2004

--- "Kai D. Kalix" <kdkalix at gmx.de> wrote:

> When I visited the US, regrettably only once,
> sometime in the 80ies (I
> hadn't herad of the SCA back then), I've worked
> my way through US beers and
> found them all disgusting. Then I discovered a
> tin of Löwenbräu - not really
> my favourite, but at least bavarian beer. I was
> excited - that is, until I
> tasted it and discovered it to be tasteless,
> yellow-colored, foaming water,
> along with the nice remark on the tin, 'brewed
> under license in the USA'.
> I do not even know (or remember) what Canoe
> Beer is?
> kai

I don't either, but it probably is an East Coast
brand.

Yes, in the '80s American beer was dreadful.
Since then, a lot of micro-breweries have sprung
up and begun to produce good quality beer in
small runs, similar to what wineries do.  I
keep meaning to go to this little pub a mile
from my house, which has on hand more than
500 different beers and ales from all over the
world.  I just can't find anyone to go with
me, as I hate to drink alone.

Anyway, there is a Southern Californian
micro-brewery which produces Arrogant Bastard
Ale, that has the slogan, "You're not worthy."
I am told it is very good.

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/index2.html

Huette

=====