[Sca-cooks] Aluminum

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Nov 29 03:31:28 PST 2004

At 03:12 AM 11/29/2004, you wrote:

>>When did it begin to be made out of aluminium? My Grandma calls it
>>'tinfoil', Mom just calls it 'foil'. Did it have something to do with
>>WWII? (Mom was born in '46)
>
> From http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blaluminum.htm :
>
>"Aluminum Foil
>Metal foil has been around for centuries.

<snip>

Ok, I'll rephrase the question: When did aluminium foil become more widely
used in domestic kitchens vs foil of other metals (such as tin)?

>>'Lainie
>>(I was careful to watch my plate on the holiday, and still gained 3
>>pounds! Wah!)
>
>That's wot you get for watching your plate!

*sigh* That's what I get for leaving a straight line to Master A... really,
I left some open room of the plate, was careful with portions, didn't get
seconds, etc. Ok, I had more than one piece of pie, but I knew what went
into those pies, having made most of them myself. And I skipped the eggnog.

Think I'll blame it on excess of birthdays. Makes as much sense as anything...

'Lainie