[Sca-cooks] Aluminum

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 29 06:14:25 PST 2004

Tinfoil came into use as a food protector in the late 19th Century (tin
plated steel cans were patented in 1810).  Because it imparts a "tinny"
flavor to food wrapped in it, it was supplanted by aluminum foil beginning
in 1910.  Because of the relationship between the two products, the term tin
foil is sometimes applied to aluminum foil.

Bear