[Sca-cooks] Mushrooms-Rumpolt

Kai D. Kalix kdkalix at gmx.de
Tue Oct 5 14:55:23 PDT 2004

Greetings,
it was written:
> Maurachen - Morels (this is pretty certain)

I concur with that.

> Peltzschwammen - I translated as Peltz mushrooms. Now i guess i
> should change to cepes or porcinis

I - and my lexicon - are at a loss. You're probably right. (if boletus ->
cepes/porcinis)

> Redling Schwammen - I translated as Redling mushrooms. What are they?

hm, there is a kind of champignon here in Bavaria called Egerling, which is
a kind if champignon with a red-brown head (and, to all of my knowledge,
grow only around here). But again, I'll have to refer to my mushroom book,
which hasn't turned up since...

> Weiss bitter Schwam{m}en - I translated as white bitter mushrooms,
> but i'm not sure which they are.

no idea.

> Weiss Schwammen - I translated as white mushrooms - are these the
> same as "white bitter mushrooms", are they our standard little white
> buttons, or are they some other kind of white mushroom?

I think they're what you call 'buttons', although I'm not sure WHAT you call
buttons, since it seems to include some totally different mushrooms...

> Stockschwammen - I translated as stock mushrooms. These appear to be
> dried mushrooms. I'm imagining something big, flat, and dark like a
> type of Chinese mushrooms. Giano said, "I'm wondering whether
> 'Stockschwamm' refers to a kind of mushroom that grows on trees?" Any
> other suggestions?

well, at least there I can be of help: Stockschwammen are 'mushrooms' that
grow on trees. You know, that big, flat thingies ;-)
And there are some edible.

hoping to be of assistance,
kai

--
Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! or he will not slay Thee in Thy
turn, but bear Thee

+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl