[Sca-cooks] Mushrooms-Rumpolt Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 17, Issue 18

M C Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Oct 5 16:03:27 PDT 2004

I checked with Thomas, who is swamped at the moment and sent a couple
of links that did not help in this case but may be VERY nice in the
future.  I found a couple of things on further digging, but not sure
any of it is useful, though there are a few latin names to play with.

164. Nim{b} du:erre Peltzschwammen/ (dried ____)  not finding much
here, but there is
SCHWAMMPILZ, m. name des feuerschwammes (boletus igniarius) und anderer
arten des löcherschwamms. CAMPE.

188. Nim{b} Redling Schwammen/  I would concurr, perhaps some kind of
red-ish colored shroom but nothing in any of the obscure dictionaries I
have access to.

198. Nim{b} Stockschwammen/  I come up with this… but the two seem very
different…
stockschwamm, m., agaricus mutabilis Schaeffer PRITZEL-JESSEN 456a;
bairisch auch bezeichnung des ziegenbartschwammes, (*in bavarian also
called the goats beard mushroom) polyporus umbellatus Fries. 464b; vgl.
auch AMARANTHES 1906 --

http://nzfungi.landcareresearch.co.nz/html/data.asp?ID=33-WNN-95&NAMEPKey=24396

http://www.bioimages.org.uk/HTML/R156558.HTM

119. Nim{b} Keiserling/   we solved that one, and
  also Mauerachen as Morchel

Best of luck
Gwen Cat
* my translation