[Sca-cooks] Hypocras

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 09:38:11 PDT 2004

An interesting site, for those who are still intrigued by the spiced wine known as Hypocras:

www.hypocras.com

I had not made the stuff in many years, and stumbled across this site while 'refreshing my memory'
on the 'proper' spice blend to use.  Interesting that a company still manufactures the stuff, but
the best part of the site is the recipe section.  If you can read French (or 'Kitchen French', as
I call it), some of the recipes sound very good.

Duck Fois Gras with Hypocras and caramelized apples sounds particulalry tempting...

Anyway, enjoy!

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.