[sca-cooks] Re: German texts

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 4 10:50:24 PDT 2004

Dear Kai:

Thank you for this - I will have a lot of leftover Lebkuchen which will
work wonderfully well for this.  You know, the hard kind that you give
your kids to gnaw on during Christmas Morning services so they will stay
quiet for a while.  I have another video shoot for a Christmas show
tomorrow and don't really have a good use for the leftovers.  I don't
think anyone will really want to eat them.  I could be wrong however,
that happens VERY occasionally.   IN any case, thank you.

I'm sure we will be highly grateful for any help you can provide with
medieval German cookery sources.  Don't forget non-cookbook literature!
 The knights of old had to eat occasionally to keep up their mighty
strength, and sometimes their tales mention what they ate.

Selene