[Sca-cooks] Life is Grand...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 10:21:11 PDT 2004

--- Craig Jones <drakey at webone.com.au> wrote:

> Bog standard fare for me and I must have cooked
> most of the recipes at
> least half a dozen times...  Just a little bit
> of each recipe...  Wafer
> iron was being a pain in the *ss.  Kept
> sticking and the waffres,
> although crisp were still a bit too doughy for
> my liking...

Is your iron electric or manual?  Is is regular
or teflon?

When I make wafers or waffles, I always use
a non-stick cooking spray with every wafer or
waffle I make, even if the iron is teflon-coated;
and sometimes, especially because it is teflon.
It is amazing how many thing will still stick
to teflon.

As for the doughy-ness, I believe that you should
have thinned the batter down with whatever liquid
you used in the recipe.  Doughy-ness usually
means that the batter is too thick.  As to how
much to add, that is a guess, depending on how
much batter you made in the first place.  If I
had 8 cups of batter to be thinned, I would start
with adding 1/8 cup liquid and testing again to
see how it cooked.  Eventually you will find
the right consistancy.  When you do, you should
mark the recipe with your additions, so that when
you make it again, you don't go through the
process all over again.  Believe me, I've been
there and done that and remembered to mark the
recipe the second time around!

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.