[Sca-cooks] A question about knives

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 18:09:51 PDT 2004

--- Patrick Levesque <pleves1 at po-box.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> All of this has also raised a question in my mind, given that I have one
> young child already, and hopefully one or two more to come eventually.
>
> Given that if I'm smart enough to find it, a 5-year old can get there before
> I will...
>
> Where and How do you guys store your knives to prevent children from messing
> around with them?

Keep them out of reach, and let your child know early on that they are not toys.  My son is 12
now, and he has grown up knowing that a knife is a tool (a potentially dangerous tool), and not a
toy.  He has respect for them, though he has never been cut by one.  Of course, I keep my 'real'
knives in a knife case on the top shelf of my closet when I'm not using them.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.