[Sca-cooks] OOP - Pumpkin pie question

Kristina Pohl ionization at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 23 16:01:53 PDT 2004

At 01:45 PM 23/10/2004, you wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>After coming across a different pumpkin pie recipe than the one I'm used
>to, I started wondering if it was a regional variation thing... so here's
>the question:  When you make pumpkin pie, do you use evaporated milk,
>sweetened-condensed milk, or something else?
>
>- Doc (who grew up in northern Ohio/Indiana with pies made with evaporated
>milk)

Sugar and molasses. It's my own variation, I think, because mom's recipe
didn't have molasses, and neither does the one in the Joy of Cooking. Of
course, my version of pumpkin pie is, "Let's see what we have... and dump
it all in together, mix it, strain it, and bake it!"

I'm in southwestern BC.

Kris