[Sca-cooks] Turkish travel food (trail mix)

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Oct 26 15:48:12 PDT 2004

The cookbook in question was written in the 1220's, at which point I
think Baghdad, along with Egypt and much of the rest of the Middle
East, was controlled by the Ayyubids, who were Kurds. The Seljuks
were dominant somewhat earlier and the Ottomans considerably later.

But in any case, the cuisine isn't determined by the nationality of
the rulers. At least, I wouldn't describe the cuisine typical of
Bombay c. 1900 as English.

>Psst int he 13th C. The Turks owned almost all of the Middle East...
>Just thought I would point that out lol the 2 in that area of
>time... through to about 1650 are.... interwoven.
>
>Chass of Rundel of Ansteorra aka of the SCA aka
>Charinthalis Del Sans of the portable Chariot
>Honorable Recruiter of the House of the Red Shark (Have you seen my
>Belaying Pin??)
>Maison Du Corsaire Rouge
>Muddeler of Mead, Ailment of Ale, Whiner of wine.

David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com