[Sca-cooks] Historic Near East Spice Boxes

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 27 17:12:05 PDT 2004

By the 13th Century, sugar refining was about 1000 years old.  Refined white
sugar was available as were the cruder grades.  Today's process is very
similar to the original process.  We have better quality control, better
clearing agents and centrifuges, but I doubt a sugar maker of the time would
have little problem following the process.

Bear