[Sca-cooks] beef per gallon

Jonathan and Rebecca Barber barber at runbox.com
Sun Oct 31 09:05:34 PST 2004

My first reaction is that that sounds a bit light; usually I shoot for 3-4 oz of meat per person, so if the plan is to serve 8 people per gallon you are at around 2oz.

Having said that, if the issue is expense then make sure that you cut the meat up very small. That way everyone will get some in their soup and it will 'feel' like more meat.

Ru