[Sca-cooks] OT (?) Winter Favorites

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 17:00:14 PST 2004

OK, I give.  I started a lovely stew yesterday evening, and finished it up this afternoon.  Chuck roast (with bone), onion, green beans, carrots, corn, red & russet potatoes, with lots of black pepper & a bit of thyme & garlic, beef boullion, Rather traditional, but tasty on this fine wintery day.  (Allegedly Wintermist was so named for the tulle fog we used to have in this valley.  Sometimes though we think "Wintermist" was poking fun at the fact that we get precious little winter weather here.  It can be a bit like the Sahara, only warmer in the evenings I suspect.)

While I was making the stew, doing the laundry, etc., I did a batch of very mild enchiladas, and contemplated making a pumpkin pie (still contemplating--no pie in oven yet).  In my family though pork roasts just came with salt & pepper and a perhaps a bit of garlic and always with mashed potatoes for the yummy gravy.   And, I am unsure of the difference between a standing pork roast and just a pork roast....  Recipe (with whats in the stuffing), please, Kiri...

Thanks and virtual hugs,
Samrah

Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:
3) the standing rib pork roast I make with a stuffing of granny smith
apples, bread, and seasonings...oh, the aroma it leaves in the kitchen!!!!

Kiri