[Sca-cooks] OT (?) Winter Favorites

R J chaingangorg at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 17:13:37 PST 2004

Around here, it is all about the roast chook.
 Chickens, for those less amused among us.

 Thighs, whole birds, any bits I can come up with at a
dinner's notice.

 I like em high temp, and with root veggies,
crucifers, and shrooms.

 Sometimes we might vary the seasonings, but usually
we use long pepper with GoP, Old Bay, Szego Chicken
Seasoning, or Season-all with a little flour and brown
sugar.

 Heaven on a plate on a cold day, to me, is roast
something with caramelised parsnips and brussels
sprouts, and some fresh bread with which to soak up
pan juices.
 Happily, that is what we had for dinner tonight =)

 AEsa