[Sca-cooks] stewing chickens?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 12 18:45:23 PDT 2004

Ranvaig replied to me with:
> > Stefan
> > (I'm feeling like I'm coming down with something. So off to bed. Why
> > does this have to happen on Friday night rather than say, Monday?
> > Sigh)
>
> Good luck, I got it a week ago Wed, and ten days later am still
> coughing and having trouble breathing.  Take care of yourself.
Thank you. And thanks to Jadwiga for the virtual chicken soup and the
bengal spice tea with honey. For both of those I would have had to
leave and go to the store and that I wasn't able to do yesterday. And I
didn't feel like eating anything yesterday, which rather unusual for
me. What a waste of a weekend. And today a bunch of the local museums
were offering free admissions.

I am feeling better now, although my stomach is still a bit queasy, I
don't have to fight to stay awake and my temperature is almost back to
normal. Just in time for work tomorrow. :-)  So, luckily for me, it
doesn't sound like I had what you've had.

 From Jadwiga:
> Hen in Broth
> Stewing Chicken, 6.9 lb, cut up.
Chickens I can get in the store but I don't think I've ever seen them
labeled as "stewing chicken", although perhaps I just haven't noticed.
So, for this use, what should I look for?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com