[Sca-cooks] Re: Fetes Gourmandes

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Thu Sep 23 14:49:09 PDT 2004

As Saint Phlip said, the book contains beautiful pictures.  The book is
entirely in French *sigh* but has numerous period recipes, the originals shown in
facsimile, with translations into modern French, discussions of the recipe, and
a redaction (also in modern French). For each recipe, there is a full color
photo of the dish prepared, displayed in period dishes, trays, with knives as
appropriate.  190 pages, bibliography, notes. I can't judge the accuracy of the
redactions because, unfortunately, I don't read French.
     Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com
devra at aol.com