[Sca-cooks] Bryn Gwlad Field of the Cloth of Silver event feast menus

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 27 21:45:21 PDT 2004

Since several folks have been giving feast menus today, I thought I'd
highlight the menus for my barony's "The Field of the Cloth of Silver,
Bryn Gwlad’s 25th Anniversary and Ansteorran King’s Lancer Tournament"
coming up October 29 – 31, 2004 in the center of Austin on Lake Austin.
Yes, in the center of Austin, but you'd hardly think it once you are at
the site.

The website for the event is: http://bg25.swordworks.org/

The food will be served will be served tavern style. I mentioned this
several months ago, but one thing that makes this unique is that folks
will be able to choose between different styles and prices of feasts
during the same mealtime at the same event. Two different meals for
lunch and three different ones for dinner. While I would be happy to
post the two lunch time menus, lest folks complain that this is too
long, I'm just posting the three dinner menus.

Hmmm. Okay, there is also the Pub (Public House). I never realized
"pub" was short for this before. Since it's menu is ... uhm.
interesting, I'm going to post it as well.
Menu at Il Rubinetto Dorato
	 	Cheap Date
      (Belgian Blonde Ale)
	 	Baron von Konigsburg
      (Autumn ale [a commemorative beer in memory of Baron Frederick von
Konigsburg])
	 	Thick Ass
      (Extra Stout)
	 	Falling Leaf
      (Apple Cider)

Lunch Taverns: Andalusian and Roman $5.00 per person at the gate.
Dinner taverns: Andalusian and Italian $8.00 per person at the gate, or
Alsacian $15.00 per person with reservations required, prepaid by
10/16/04)

Menu at al-Kahwi ($8.00)
  Andalusian Coffee House Fare
      Dinner
	 	 Labaniyyah
      (lamb & leek dish)
	 	A Muzawwara
      (lentil & squash dish)
	 	Tabouleh
      (herb & grain salad)
	 	Flatbread
      (flat bread)
	 	Baklava
      (dessert pastry with honey and nuts)

Menu at Doroto Pavone (The Gilded Peacock) ($8.00)
  Italian Fare
	 	 Arrosto di Maiali e la salsa del vino
      (Roast Pork with Wine Sauce)
	 	Pollo con salsa aranciona
      (Roast Chicken with Orange Sauce)
	 	Headus in Alio
      (Glazed Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary)
	 	Minestra della zucca
      (Pumpkin Soup)
	 	Insalata della cipollo
      (Onion Salad)
	 	Pudding della ciliegia
      (Cherry Pudding)

Menu at The Toasted Duck ($15.00)
  A London Tavern with Alsacian Fare
	 	 Salat
      (salad of lettuce & herbs)
	 	Wastel
      (bread)
	 	D'autres Menuz Potaiges
      (creamed soup of parsnips & leeks)
	 	Canard Farcie
      (duck stuffed with chestnuts and spices)
	 	Crespes Grandes Parmeriennes
      (crepes stuffed with a sausage, pine nuts, and cheese)
	 	Iowtes
      (peas and onions in a tarragon sauce)
	 	Funges
      (mushrooms in a sherry and mustard sauce)
	 	Trifle Taillis
      (small cakes topped with cream and candied fruit)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com