[Sca-cooks] Medieval Gastronomy website

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Sep 10 09:26:33 PDT 2004

> There are many pictures of servants and meal service, along with specific
> foods and lifestyle habits.  I really want one of the two-person tubs with
> dining table set-up!

We had worked out that you could probably fake this with oval pool
liners and stools, or galvanized livestock water tubs and stools (after
all it's lined with a sheet) if you could find someone to rent them to
you.

I'd love to have a Pennsic Royalty dinner done that way. Of course,
people needn't be naked-- there is historical precedent for linen
drawstring bathing trunks for men, and chiton-like bathing dresses for
women. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"There oncewas a man who said D--n!/It's born upon me that I am
An engine that moves/In predestinate grooves
I'm not even a bus, I'm a tram!"