[Sca-cooks] New, If OOP and Rather Odd, Cooking Site

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Sep 11 12:07:38 PDT 2004

Also sprach Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise:
>  > > Moose loin. YUMMMMM.... I wonder if Elk is as good. Is Elk more like
>>  > Caribou or like Moose?
>>
>>  If you are European, Elk is Moose, i.e. the same critter.  My bet is that
>>  American elk, wapiti, is more like caribou.
>
>Ok, I've read that three or four times and I still can't parse it into
>an answer to the question I had. I may just be braindead, though.
>
>I've had American Moose.
>
>I've had Canadian Caribou.
>
>Would European elk taste more like American Moose or Caribou, do you
>think?

I think it means that European elk _is_ what Americans call moose, so
I assume European elk would taste more like moose (since that's what
it is) than it does like caribou.

Or maybe I'm missing the subtle complexity of the situation... it's
been known to happen... ;-)

Adamantius
Holt, 07/29/04