[Sca-cooks] New, If OOP and Rather Odd, Cooking Site

margaret m.p.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 11 19:37:36 PDT 2004

European elk is Alces alces.  North American moose is Alces americana.  They
are closely related.  European elk tastes closer to American moose than it
does to Caribou.

North American elk, also called wapiti, is Cervus canadensis.

Caribou (North America) and reindeer (Eurasia) are both members of genus
Rangifer and both are usually considered to be R. tarandus.

Bear