[Sca-cooks] A Moose by an Other Name Would Still Have Antlers?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 12 21:36:40 PDT 2004

Don't try this on a motorcycle.  It's hard on the rider and only irritates
the moose.

As for auto/moose encounters, many years ago I was introduced to a Boone and
Crockett contender called "The General," whose sport was to demolish
vehicles that honked at him.  High speed collisions are usually real hard on
a moose, but a low speed collision with something the size of the General
seems to be harder on the automobile.

The Alaskan RR train between Fairbanks and Anchorage used to be referred to
as the "Moose Gooser," bagging moose on a regular basis.  At one time (and
possibly even now) the train crews used to butcher the moose they hit and
turn the meat over to orphanages along the route.

Bear