[Sca-cooks] A Moose by an Other Name Would Still Have Antlers?

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 22:38:32 PDT 2004

That sounds really cool.   The reason why the impacts are usually
fatal is because
you are more than likely hitting the moose in the legs and breaking them.  They
are too large and heavy to survive that way.

I had a run in with an elk in my truck once while driving through the
wilds of Union
County, PA (where I grew up) and I stopped in time to keep  either of
us from dieing.

As for roadkill, most states require that you contact the local game
comissioner
after you claim the deer so they are aware that you are harvesting the
deer out of season
and may want a copy of your accident report or insurance quote
verifying the damage.

The above only applies to animals with a regulated/tagged hunting
season, so you can killl
and eat all the opossums, groundhogs, and squirrels you want.

I got my elk from a confiscated elk that had been poached,  from a
person who had
claimed crop damage and shot two of them in his yard.  I have a friend
who works
for the game comission and he dropped some off at my Dad's since he is
a disabled
Vet and he left a peice for me since he heard I was in town.

Cadoc