[Sca-cooks] I survived Ivan

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 17 21:26:46 PDT 2004

That's encouraging! Has anyone heard from Pensacola yet? I'm still getting
the no service noise from Melbrigda's number.

'Lainie

I've been asking and so far those that have checked in are ok with moderate
damage.  Evidently the evacuation that took many hours for normally short
trips was the worst part of it.  I think they are still out of power on the
coast, but those that have gotten back home haven't found more than standing
water in the yard and house and a few tiles/shingles gone and the occasional
tree through the roof. Relatively mild, all things considered.
Will let you know more as we hear it -
Christianna