[Sca-cooks] Re: OT- KIlts at war

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Sep 21 07:57:33 PDT 2004

Hell yes, we have pirates in Arrrrtemisia! (it's the attitude, after
all, and nothing to do with actually having access to large bodies of
water, although the kingdom borders do include the Great Salt Lake, near
the Barony of Loch Salann, and Flathead Lake [largest freshwater body
west of the Mississippi] near my home barony of Sentinels' Keep.)
There's an official bunch of them in the kingdom now, styling themselves
as the Royal Navy.  Funny bit of schtick at Coronation a couple of
weekends ago involving them--King Reinmar says that the next time they
come to court, they must be in some sort of boat!
And my barony used to house a nest of the scurvy varmits--called
themselves "The Landlocked Pirates of Sentinels' Keep," and were
bankrolled by a Certain Persian Gentleman Who Greatly Resembles the
Current Italian Gentleman & Gamester, Master Don Niccolo...
We have sheep, too, and all the requisite sheep jokes, although they can
frequently be targeted at the folks in North Dakota (uh, Northshield?)
--maire ("Cookie" on the ship in me old days, arrr....), who's already
*AT* the Rock with the rum firmly in hand (hot rum punch, anyone?)