[Sca-cooks] Chili and coleslaw?

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 08:31:11 PDT 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:19:13 -0700 (PDT), Pat <mordonna22 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Reb said something like:
> >Like chili and cole slaw?  The Carolina burger was one of the things about living in the >southeastern US that I never could quite cope with.
> >That and grits.
>
> Actually, I thought a "Carolina Burger" was a bun, with chopped pork barbecue, mustard based barbecue sauce, and coleslaw (made properly with lots of mayonaise).  Didn't know that had degraded to a hamburger with chili and coleslaw.  The first is delectable, the second is just wrong...

Well, I am in Pittsburgh, land of the "Primanti's Sandwich" where you
have what begins as a normal, unassuming grilled sandwich served on
Italian Bread...until you watch them load the coleslaw and french
fries directly onto the sandwich filling and slap down the lid.

They have a picture of what this looks like on their website:
http://www.primantibros.com/

They are more delicious than I can describe in words.  Seriously.

After those, nothing i've seen here surprises or disgusts me :-)

Odriana

--
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."