[Sca-cooks] Grits

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Fri Sep 24 11:31:10 PDT 2004

I like 'em mixed into pancake batter and fried in butter, and covered with real maple syrup...
mmmmm

then again I also like em just about any way I gets em, which is considered a tad odd for a native Yankee.
(just about, I have had miserable luck getting them in some places in Northern Kentucky...  Watery soupy underdone grits spooned onto a plate, not all that warm... with a poached egg on top ...ugh. I think it is more a matter of the "pancke house" kind of restaraunt I ate at, as I am sure no REAL Southerner would do that to a mess of grits)

Capt Elias

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery