[Sca-cooks] Pickled or no? -

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Sep 27 14:25:13 PDT 2004

At 02:05 PM 9/27/2004, you wrote:
>I like beets but I have a wholly different avenue for not liking them from
>Adamantius.
>
>First, fresh beets can have, uhm, startling effects on some body processes.
>(alarming is more the word when you are not expecting them)
>They stain and bleed into other kinds of food.

Why oh why oh why is it, that if I *don't* want my clothing stained with
beet, I *will* drop one in my lap, and it *will never* come out! But I have
tried using beet to dye (that fuschia color really is pretty!) fabric, it
fades out? I don't get it! <whine, snivel>

Then there way the time I went out do dinner with my Sweetie, wearing my
favorite marigold yellow shirt. And *blup*! There goes a spoon of cioppino.
It never came out. :-(

When I was making clothing for a certain blonde Queen a few years back (she
might still be on this list, so I won't use names, but You Know Who You
Are!), she was so accident-prone with food, we joked about making  a hood
with a catch-bib on it to protect her clothes! Still might do that
someday... ;-)

'Lainie