[Sca-cooks] Barm Brack

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 29 19:39:49 PDT 2004

Phlip replied to my question about peeling raisins with:
> >> Soften the raisins and peel in warm water and drain thoroughly.
> > Huh? *Peel* the raisins?
> >
> > How do you do this? It seems like it would be difficult and/or after
> > the skin is removed, that there wouldn't be much left.
>
> Stefan, love, what is the second ingredient?

Huh? "1 c candied lemon peel". So? I must be missing something, but
what do candied lemon peels have to do with peeling raisins? Take some
of the candied lemon peel, lick them and make your fingers sticky
enough to handle the grapes easier? :-)

Stefan
> I'll even leave the recipe at the bottom, instead of snipping it, as is
> my wont...
>
> Saint Phlip,

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas