[Sca-cooks] Peeling Raisins?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 29 19:55:02 PDT 2004

Mordonna replied to me with:
> Stefan said:
> > However, I have one question:
> > dough:
> > 1 1/2 c raisins
> > 1 c candied lemon peel
> .................snip..................
> > Soften the raisins and peel in warm water and
> > drain thoroughly.
> > Huh? *Peel* the raisins?
>
> It's okay, Stefan.  That's the way I read it the first time, too.
Oh @#$%!!  Even with Mordonna's comment and after reading Phlip's it
*still* took me re-reading it a few times before I realized what they
were driving at. Sigh. I think I will use my editor's discretion and
make that "and the lemon peel in warm water".

This does sound much easier than peeling the raisins.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com