[Sca-cooks] Re: cleaning bone handled utensils

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 9 21:10:00 PDT 2005

Back on March 27, I forwarded an inquiry I'd gotten about cleaning some
bone handled silverware to this list. Today, I got this reply from the
original requester. He also addressed this to this list, but I suspect
it bounced because he isn't a member, so I'm reposting it here.

I have saved the responses to his question which I've seen. I don't
know if they include the comment about using whitening toothpaste or
not, (why didn't that solution occur to me? :-) ) but I will be
creating a file in the Florilegium for any folks looking for this info
in the future.

Thanks for helping this gentle out.

Stefan

> From: 	  bilowich at earthlink.net
> 	Subject: 	Re: cleaning bone handled utensils
> 	Date: 	April 9, 2005 8:04:14 PM CDT
> 	To: 	  StefanliRous at austin.rr.com, SCA-Cooks at Ansteorra.org
>
> Thanks to those who gave me tips on cleaning the bone handled
> silverware.  I tried a whitening toothpaste, and they look great.
> What a difference.
>
> We can actually use them now.
>
> Russ
--------