[Sca-cooks] Proclaimation vs. regulation?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 19 21:39:19 PDT 2005

> > That's how it appears at first glance.  However, if the practice were
> > prevalent enough to warrant
> > the issuance of a proclamation denouncing it, and the creation of
> > punishments for offence, then it
> > would stand to reason that it had been going on for some time, would
> it
> > not?  At least long enough for people to say 'hey...w.t.f?!?'
> >
> > William de Grandfort

To which Bear replied:
> It's a regulation, not a proclaimation, and the prevelance of the act
> can't
> be determined from the exsistence of the regulation (you need the
> records of the court to determine whether it was prevelant or not).

Okay, I've never studied jurisprudence, so some of these terms are new
to me. I'm not wanting to rehash or restart this previous thread, but I
have question.

What is the difference, in at least the medieval sense, between a
regulation and a proclaimation?

One is issued by the parliament or the Royalty and the other by other,
perhaps non-governmental, bodies? Or one is issued by an elected body
and the other by an appointed one?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas