[Sca-cooks] Book Questions...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 12:27:04 PDT 2005

This book is a very poor reference tool.  Some
of the entries are dead wrong and he doesn't
reference any of his facts, if I remember
correctly.

In my opinion, this book is very useful as a
paperweight or a door stopper.

Huette

--- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> QUESTION ONE
>
> I recently picked up a used copy of
> The Food Chronology
> by James Trager
>
> It is organized by century, each broken down
> into years, with
> significant food, economic, and political
> tidbits with each. It
> begins with very early pre-history (pre-human,
> in fact) not broken by
> year :-) The volume i have ends with 1995. The
> book is 783 pages
> long, with 109 pages devoted to pre-1601, 60
> pages of index and no
> bibliography. It attempts to cover the whole
> world, but i assume is
> stronger on Europe and North America.
>
> I wonder if anyone has any opinions about its
> quality / usefulness
> (opinions? hah! this list?)

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.