[Sca-cooks] Re: Chicken baked in bread recipe

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 15:23:20 PDT 2005

I have a copy, but wasn't very impressed with
it as a history book.  It is more a modern
cookbook with recipes that the author claims
goes back into history, but never documents
her suppositions.

Huette

--- Christiane <christianetrue at earthlink.net>
wrote:
> Arrggh. The title of Mary Taylor Simeti's book
> is "Pomp and Sustenance: 25 Centuries of
> Sicilian Food." Not "25 Years."
>
> But I am looking forward to getting my hands on
> this book, it's supposed to have a lot of food
> history in it.
>
> Gianotta

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for
they shall never cease to be amused.