[Sca-cooks] Re: Chicken baked in bread recipe

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 8 14:44:19 PDT 2005

Sources that can point me to other things is what I need; when dealing with almost a purely oral tradition such as Sicilian cooking, I've been gathering bits and pieces from the Web and from Italian Websites. In Italian. Or Sicilian, which can really screw with your head. Like 'mpanata, which made me pause until I said it out loud and said, "Oh, from the Spanish empanada." Except the Sicilian 'mpanata is baked, not friend, and contains fillings such as lamb or game meat combined with bittersweet chocolate paste and nuts.

Gianotta